Thursday, May 11, 2006

Touring Oxford (I think it was Oxford!) haha..

Here are some photos of my tour around Warwick Castle (pronounced Warrick), Shakespeare's House, and one of many area's where Harry Potter was filmed.

Leaving on the bus: Me, Nicola, and Mel (friend in Wimbledon - also on a working holiday from Tassie)



Our 1st stop: Warwick Castle! Built by William the Conquerer in the 11th Century!



Yes..I think I would have looked rather dashing as an English Soldier hehe...



Funny sign I found on the wall, that I took out of context:



This was a little eerie; The Dungeon. Some prisoners were stuck here for up to and over 5 years. There was engravings on the walls from prisoners telling what was happening to them. The torture equipment was actually used on the prisoners too.

This first image is of a man-size cage that a person used to hang from until he starved and rotted to death.



Inside the Dungeon; hmm... probably wasn't an appropriate time to smile!



Next stop: Shakespeare's House! Unfortunately, I wasn't allowed to take photos from inside the house to preserve old things blah blah...



Front view: These houses are SOOOOOO old!!!



And here's the last official stop of the tour: Christ College, home to The dinning room of Harry Potter's Castle. UNFORTUNATELY, some bloody rehearsal was taking place at the time of our visit, so all I could happy-snap was this: and outside view! Bummer hey!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home