Monday, June 05, 2006

The Little Angels

Hiya!! I thought it was high time I showed you the Little Angels I work with! :-) Working here is given me the chance to start learning to speak Polish, as that's where most of the kitchen staff are from. I've gotten such good friends with them - they lead me astray and get me drunk on the town! It's quite funny trying to have a conversion in part Polish/part English when you're drunk lol....

England has a massive Polish hospitality workforce, though because most speak only a little English, they are forced to work in the kitchen. Apparently there just isn't enough work in Poland, which is why they immigrate to England. One of my Polish friends has gone back to Poland for a few months to see his wife, and has said that I can stay with him for a while there if I want to - which I think I'm going to do! Just need to sort out dates etc.. :-) I will be updating this soon with more photos!! Stay posted!



Me, Aga and Andre (Agnieszka and Andrzej) They are really nice people, 2 of my best friends - Andre is the one that invited me to stay with him in Poland.



Karolina, Andre's daughter, visiting from Poland and working at the Little Angel for a month. She is really nice.



Martin and Agnes (spelt 'Agnieszka' too) - Martin is one of the chefs, and Agnes is a Polish kitchen hand.



Emma on the left. She's one of the supervisors who trained me. Just got back from Spain, so very tanned!



Alicia, my other supervisor who has now flown back to her home in New York.



Romy - nicknamed 'Romeo', one of the Bar/floor staff.



Miss Natalie, not afraid of a Jaegerbomb challenge!



Josh, or as I call him 'Joshy'. Notice he has glasses in his hands? He just can't stop practising his flaring! So far I suck at doing it!!



Sean - loves to pose lol... Really good friend though :-) Made me pizza at his place when I was really drunk and hungry!



James - one of the newest little Angels, took over Alicia as supervisor.



Me and Georgi in our sexy little Angel T-shirts we wore during the Henley Regatta.



Jack - he's as bad as Sean with his posing haha... actually he was a 'child' actor and has worked with some pretty famous people - Jude Law being one I think? That could be a lie? I know it was someone famous!



Couple of random Drunken photos with my Mobile Phone Camera!! (On the walk home from a big night with the Polish Crew! lol...



Yep! I caught Sunrise!! lol....



Just showing off the lines in the sky caused by the hundreds of planes that fly above each day - I've worked out that now matter what time of the day you look up, there will always be a minimum of 5 planes in the sky! Busy world!



Sunrise shot! Bright-eyed in blue! haha.. just noticed i'm standing in front of a funeral home office looking half dead lol...



Love this one - this is the 'As good as going out' frozen dinners section of Waitrose supermarket in Henley! lol... Brilliant!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home